Server Load Balancer
Manage sudden spikes in traffic, minimize response time and maintain 99.99% availability of your web application with Server Load Balancer. Server Load Balancer monitors the health of servers and ensures high availability by automatically distributing application requests to servers with optimal performance in different availability zones.
Alibaba Cloud Server Load Balancer is built to cope with high volume traffic and each year in November is put to the test during Alibaba’s annual Global Shopping Festival. Alibaba relies on Server Load Balancer to provide uninterrupted service during the festival by switching requests between data centers and transferring transactions to the most available server. This includes transferring requests to servers located over 1,000 kilometers away, without missing a single transaction.
"Server Load Balancer ensures our system's stability, reliability and greatly improves user availability."
- Guarantees up to 99.9% availability.
- Distributes traffic automatically across instances in different availability zones.
- Quickly detects unhealthy instances and routes traffic to only healthy instances.
- Automatically scales up and down depending on the load.
- Seamlessly integrates with Auto Scaling to manage varying traffic levels without manual intervention.
- Protects from SYN flood and DDoS attacks.
- Creates an internal cloud load balancer to route traffic using private IP addresses within your VPC (Virtual Private Cloud). To learn more about VPC,
- Quickly creates a secure architecture using Intranet (private) and Internet (public) facing load balancers.
- Offers Pay-As-You-Go model.
- Up to 60% cost effective compared to other traditional models of load balancing.